Things I Love Thursday: Trader Joe’s Part 2
I Love Trader Joe’s so much I had to write two posts (to check out part 1 click here) including all the great goodies I find for the fam (mostly for the boys)! And who knows, I am always finding new things to try so I may have to write another post sometime soon !
So, it is officially pool season, so this post has some great pool snacks that are a “healthier alternative” than the traditional types of snacks but yet pool and kid approved. Because how many of us love to eat a bag of Cheetos after running around at the pool all day?
- Baked Cheese Crunchies – Okay I can’t put the bag down! I admit it! And the boys LOVE these! I don’t have to feel guilty about letting them eat as many as they want (which is only a sandwich bag full for both of them – I do have limits ) while playing at the pool. These have less calories, fat and sodium than regular Cheetos!
Baked Yummy Cheesy Goodness!
- Salted Popped Potato Chips – these caught my eye this week. Because Carter really enjoys crackers and chips. They really are popped – no frying or baking! And they are gluten free! Not that we have allergies but for you info. They have less fat than Lay’s Potato chips (10 grams vs. 4 grams and 150 calories for 20 chips vs. 120 calories for 22 chips)! So for a “snack” these are much healthier. And Carter LOVES these! Evan won’t try them because they don’t look like chips – go figure.
Popped salty yummieness!
- Joe Joe’s - A great alternative to Oreos – no hydrogenated oils and all natural ingredients. You really can’t taste the difference. In case you missed it – this is the latest recipe I used these for – Homemade Chocolate Oreo Pudding Pops! YUMMY!! Again, in moderation, these are a great healthier alternative.
- Organic Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter – I match this up with Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Bread and jelly that is organic and less sugar so pretty much only has 2 ingredients (mostly real fruit!). I didn’t take pics of either the bread or the jelly, sorry! I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for picnics. A great balance of protein and carbs!
TJ's Organic PB
The last two items aren’t pool snacks for the kiddos but parent favorites (ie. Mine and Jeremy – ha)
- Soy and Flaxseed Tortilla Chips - These are one of my favorites, especially paired up with some homemade guacamole! Yummy! In one serving these have 6 grams of protein and 500 mg of Omega 3′s!
- Just the Clusters Vanilla Almond Granola – Jeremy LOVES granola and hands down this is his very favorite. I have tried buying every type of granola and he continues to request Trader Joe’s. But unfortunately the box only lasts a couple of days ! And since it is granola and no coupons it is expensive, but I guess Jeremy is worth it!
Just in case you think I don’t bring the real healthy stuff from this list to the pool, I do bring applesauce, raisins, and other fresh fruit to the pool .
For more favorites, check out Things I Love Thursday at the Diaper Diaries.
So what are some of your favorite pool snacks?